NEW ACQUISITIONS FROM THE DESERET COLLECTION
The Historical Society of Deseret is pleased to present this second exhibition of a selection of objects from our Deseret collection, organized by Lazaros. The exhibition marks the second of many that will be housed in our new archive headquarters, located in the Center for Land Use Interpretation exhibition hall in Wendover, Utah. These artifacts all have provenance in Deseret, and each tells a specific story about this place.
ARTIFACT METADATA :
HSD.2014.035, Flag of the Kingdom of Deseret, fabricated by the Historical Society of Deseret, based on the original 1849 design.
HSD.WC.1996.121, Sign of man, anonymous gift.
HSD.WC.2004.346, Painting by Blanch Thompson, gift of John and Laura Lee Thompson.
HSD.WC.OFP.2001.045, HSD.WC.OFP.2001.031, HSD.WC.OFP.2001.020, HSD.WC.OFP.2001.101, HSD.WC.OFP.2001.021, HSD.WC.OFP.2001.027, Orient Focus People artifacts discovered near Wendover, on extended loan from the University of Utah Department of Archaeology.
HSD.WC.2012.002, Drive a rusty nail through a lemon to ward off the evil eye, gift of William Hoffman.
HSD.WC.1983.033, Taxidermied baby rattlesnake, gift of Jasper Michelson.
HSD.WC.CLUI.1945.247, Military issued bullet, on loan from Center for Land Use Interpretation.
HSD.WC.2001.151, Glass moroline bottle, found in the floorboards under the HSD collection space.
HSD.WC.2014.164, White rock, gift of Jason Metcalf.
HSD.WC.CLUI.1998.369, Natural glass crystal, on loan from Center for Land Use Interpretation.
HSD.WC.2011.014, Out-of-place-artifact, gift of Harold Christiansen.